Sunday, July 8, 2012

dog days of summer

I can't believe how hot it has been the last two weeks. Upper 90 and even 100 degrees has become the norm around here recently. I don't know what is worse...extremely cold temperatures in the winter or the opposite in the summer. It's hard to take baby bird out in this heat, therefore we have been a little couped up while we wait out the heat wave. So we have been doing a lot of this...
and a little bit of this...
and a whooooooooole lot of this....

So, this week we are expected to get back into the 80's, which sounds hot, but it will be a nice break to the upper 90's we have had recently.  We can get back to our walks that have been moved to the evenings with me going back to work.

Speaking of going back to work. It wasn't all that bad. I have been mentally preparing myself for this day for the last 3 months. The toughest part was when baby bird wanted to go to sleep for the night when we got home. So I didn't get to spend very much time with her at all that day. It will get better, I keep telling myself that...

No comments:

Post a Comment